Suffering an injury due to someone else’s negligence can have a lasting impact on your life. You need to prepare yourself to deal with huge medical expenses and no salary for the coming months or years. You might feel that you’re not the same person anymore because of the emotional, physical, mental, and financial effects on you. Encountering an accident whether intentional or not is a devastating experience. What you can do is to recover for the damages. You need a fair settlement to cover all of the expenses and replace the salary you should have earned if not for the misfortune. A top Los Angeles personal injury lawyer can help you with the pursuance of your claim.
Finding the Top Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer to Handle Your Case
Looking for the right Los Angeles personal injury attorney is the most decisive factor for a successful recovery. Take note that insurance companies can hire or have their own skilled lawyers to challenge personal injury claims. The lawyer you are going to hire must be equally experienced and skilled. It will play an important part in the amount of the settlement you will receive.
Look for a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer based on the following:
Sources that assess personal injury lawyers according to their colleagues. You’ll find sources where you can check before scheduling an appointment with a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer. You need to believe that there’s no other accredited “rating” system for personal injury lawyers besides colleague review by other lawyers. This includes:
- Super lawyers
- The Martindale-Hubbell Bar Registry
- The Best Lawyers in America
Percentage of referral cases from other lawyers. You may want to know who are the finest Los Angeles personal injury in your community by asking the lawyers practicing in that area. This way, it will be easier for you to know who to hire.
A friend or a relative who practices law would be a good idea where to ask. Although they don’t handle any cases, they may have colleagues who have familiarity with personal injury or malpractice lawyers. Their peers recognize who are the top Los Angeles personal injury lawyers in their community.
Beware of lawyers who send you “solicitation” letters after the accident. You may not believe it but there are some lawyers who hire runners. Most often dubbed as “gophers,” they acquire traffic accident reports that local and state law enforces prepare.
These people provide the information to a law firm staff who will then search for the name and contact details of the accident victim. The law firm will start sending the injured victim a “solicitation” letter offering their service to represent the injured party in a personal injury case.
A majority of law firms that bank on solicitation letters embark on a “huge volume, speedy turnover” arrangement. It’s because they have a hard time drawing referrals from pleased clients or other lawyers. As an injured victim, it’s advisable that you research thoroughly the Los Angeles personal injury lawyer you’re going to hire.
Almost all Los Angeles personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis. They will not impose a fee until your case is a successful one. They would always say:
- We will not charge you unless you get a recovery.
- We will provide you with a free initial consultation., or
- We will pay you a visit to your home or to the hospital.
However, you need to make it clear to the lawyer what will happen if you lose the case? Don’t confuse yourself with attorney fees and case “expenses.” Case expenses are payments to third parties for pursuing the case. It includes charges for physician reports, court reporter fees, expert witness fees, and charges for medical records among other things to carry on with the case.
- Monetary and appointing resources to handle your case. Filing a personal injury lawsuit is a very expensive approach to bring to court. As mentioned before, included in the case expenses are witnesses and different reports that need payment. The Los Angeles personal injury lawyer that you’ll hire must come from a law firm that can cover the said expenses. Otherwise, you might take a low-ball offer for a settlement instead.
- Types of cases the lawyer handles. You’ll find that there are lawyers who handle several various types of legal cases. These are “general practitioners” who also embark on periodic personal injury cases. A crucial personal injury case will require a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer who handles a claim many times.
- Years of expertise. Another factor that you need to consider is the Los Angeles lawyer’s years of experience. An expert and veteran lawyer can handle your case without much difficulty and has the ability to increase the amount of your settlement.
Your Perfect Choice of LA Personal Injury Attorney
Many claim they are the top Los Angeles personal injury lawyer that can help you. At LA Injury Group, we don’t talk too much but we do what we need to do. Our professional and knowledgeable lawyers won’t promise you anything they cannot deliver.
We certainly understand what you are going through. We are here to help you in the best way we can along with our resources. Call us today at (877) 678-4689 so we can discuss your case.