There is nothing more devastating to a family than losing a loved one due to wrongful death. Dying because of other people’s negligence is totally undeserved and unacceptable. Adding salt to injury are the financial consequences involved in that matter. It is best to turn to the right wrongful death trial attorney Los Angeles to ease the pain and suffering – emotionally and financially.
It could be that the wage earner who provides for the family is now gone. The ones left behind are having a hard time making both ends meet. Also, it is possible that they could hardly pay all the bills on time. If your loved one died wrongfully because of an accident, the right wrongful death trial attorney can help you file a claim.
Wrongful Death Trial Attorney Los Angeles California
A wrongful death claim is typically considered a civil lawsuit anywhere in the United States. In the state of California, a wrongful death claim results when a person dies because of another person’s or entity’s reckless act.
The wrongful death claim is directly summoned to the court by the departed’s surviving immediate family. In case there is none, the personal representative of the decedent’s estate. The accountability is usually delegated in connection with money damages. The court generally orders the defendant (offender) to pay the deceased’s family. This is one of the reasons you will need a wrongful death attorney Los Angeles to represent you in court.
A wrongful death lawsuit is different from a homicide case. It is usually taken by the state to the court and the guilty person faces penalties and imprisoned. The bereaved family may file a civil wrongful death claim to trial regardless if the case is already making progress.
Appropriate People to File a Wrongful Death Claim
Not just everyone or anyone can file a wrongful death lawsuit. In California, the relevant law particularly allows the following people to file a wrongful death claim:
- The demised person’s surviving husband or wife
- The demised person’s domestic partner
- The demised person’s surviving children
If there are no surviving beneficiaries from the departed’s line of descent, the wrongful death lawsuit may be possibly pursued by anyone. This includes anyone who would be legally authorized to the property of the deceased by a succession without a will. This can be the parents or the siblings, depending on who is living at the time of the departed’s passing away.
Apart from the abovementioned, there are also other people who can file a lawsuit with the help of a wrongful death trial attorney Los Angeles. These people must be able to prove that they were financially dependent on the deceased person.
- The departed’s supposed wife and children of the supposed wife
- The departed’s stepchildren
- The departed’s parents
Damages Acquirable in a Wrongful Death Claim
In California, there are plenty of different arrays of personal injury damages that are acquirable in a wrongful death claim. To receive these, you need the help of a wrongful death trial attorney Los Angeles. The particular amounts involved will lean on the details of an individual case.
Compensation is usually parted based on whether they remunerate the estate for losses in connection with the death. It is also divided into the surviving family members for the personal damages they suffered due to death. Losses that are generally attributed to the inheritance includes:
- Hospital and medical bills for the departed’s final ailment or injury
- Funeral and burial expenditures
- The lost salary which includes possible income the departed would reasonably have anticipated earning in the future if not for his death
Damages that are basically attributed to the existing family members include the following:
- The utility of household services
- Loss of companionship (admonition, care, encouragement, community, and affection)
- Loss of expected financial assistance
How the Suitable Wrongful Death Trial Attorney Los Angeles Can Help with Your Case
Losing a loved one is really hard to bear, especially if the cause is due to someone else’s negligence. Working with the suitable wrongful death attorney Los Angeles will ease the burden off your shoulders and helps alleviate the difficult times you are going through.
The suitable wrongful death attorney Los Angeles can help you in the following ways:
- The wrongful death trial attorney Los Angeles knows the ins and out of the legal process. His expertise is very valuable to your damage claim.
- The wrongful death trial attorney Los Angeles can save you time, effort, and money. Filing your case is time-consuming and having an attorney by your side and to represent you will make things a bit easier.
- The wrongful death trial attorney Los Angeles knows the value of your claim. His years of experience in the field of personal injury enables him to know the value of your claim. If you have an attorney, the insurance company cannot offer you a settlement less than what you deserve.
Speak with the Suitable Wrongful Death Trial Attorney Los Angeles
Whenever you need legal help regarding wrongful death claim, the LA Injury Group will always be here for you. Our team provides the most comprehensive help you can get. We will take care of your case. Call us today at (877) 678-4689 for a free case evaluation.